Diable et les dix commandements (Le). Dir. Julien Duvivier (1962)
1. Film data
- Julien Duvivier
- Françoise Arnoul (Françoise Beaufort), Charles Aznavour (Denis Mayeux), Jean-Claude Brialy (Didier Marin), Danielle Darrieux (Clarisse Ardan, Pierre’s mother), Alain Delon (Pierre Messager, the son), Fernandel (God), Mel Ferrer (Philip Allan), Micheline Presle (Micheline Allan), Madeleine Robinson (Germaine Messager, the stepmother), Michel Simon (Jérôme Chambard), Lino Ventura (Garigny), Georges Wilson (Marcel Messager), Louis de Funès (Vaillant), Lucien Baroux (Troussemier, the bishop), Armontel (Mercier), Maurice Biraud (Louis), Jean Carmet (the tramp), Gabriello (the police sergeant), Denise Gence (the chairmaker), Germaine Kerjean (the grandmother), Claude Nollier (the mother superior), Noël Roquevert (the inspector), Henri Vilbert (Alexandre), Claude Dauphin (Georges Beaufort), Dominique Paturel (an actor: Petruccio), Raoul Marco (an actor: Baptista)
- Henri Jeanson, Julien Duvivier, Michel Audiard, Pascal Jardin, René Barjavel
- Roger Fellous
- Paul Cayatte
- Georges Garvarentz, Guy Magenta, Michel Magne
- François de Lamothe
- Tanine Autré
- Claude Jaeger, Robert Amon
- Filmsonor-Mondex-Procinex (Paris), Incei Film (Rome)
- 120 min.
- France, Italy
- René Chateau, 2005
The devil is the narrator of this sketch comedy. Jérôme Chambard works as a factotum for a community of nuns but his religious education leaves a lot to be desired. The bishop comes to visit. It turns out he is a former classmate of Chambard. In order to help him keep his job, he imposes penance on him: he must learn the Ten Commandments by heart. Several distinct stories illustrating the Ten Commandments follow, narrated by the devil himself.